Tenshukaku(the donjon)built by Tokugawa was about 58 meters high which exceeded the original one built by Hideyoshi(burned in a battle). Tokugawa used the donjon to show his power. Tokugawa’s donjon was burned by lightning in 1665 and thanks to the donations by citizens, the current one was rebuilt in 1931 modeled on Hideyoshi’s donjon.
Business hours : 9:00-17:00(last admission 16:30) extended during summer
Closed : the end and the beginning of the year(12/28-1/1)
Admission free : 600yen, junior high school students & under Free