“Kaitokudo” was the private school opened by Shuan Nakai in 1724 for tradesmen so that they could learn the liberal arts and also pursue practical studies at the same time. The school lasted for more than 140 years, and closed one year a fter t he Meiji Restoration of 1868. It was relocated and rebuilt in 1916. This monument was erected at its original site.
●Other: Keihan Line: Yodoyabashi Station.