Osaka Town Clock Bell

おおさかまちじゅうじほうしょう

Other languages :日本語

投稿日:

Osaka Town Clock Bell

In the Edo period (1603 to 1867), this hanging bell, 1.9 meters high and weighing 3 tons, was rung 12 times per day to tell townsfolk the time of the day. Though it was taken away in 1870, it was returned to its present site in 1985. Now, it rung three times per day.

Search route from current location
Address
2-2, Tsurigane-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
Transportation
●Subway: Tanimachi Line: Tenmabashi Station (T22).
●Other: Keihan Line: Tenmabashi Station.
Was this Information helpful?
Yes Not really
0 of 0 people found this helpful.
同じエリアにこんなスポットがあります!
The Site of Osaka English School

This is the site of Osaka’s first English school. Originally, this was the Osaka Kaimei School …

豊國神社
Hokoku Jinja Shrine

Originally built in Nakanoshimain 1879, this shrine moved to its current location in Osaka Castle Pa …

Burial Mound for the Dead in Osaka Castle

This mound is located to the south of the Osaka Castle Tamatsukuri Gate, and was erected by the atta …

Memorial Tower of Education

This tower was erected in 1936 as a cenotaph to teachers and children who perished in the Muroto Typ …

山本能楽堂
Yamamoto Nohgakudo Theater

This theater was originally built in 1927 by Mr. Hiroyuki Yamamoto, and was burned to the ground in …