The Site of Osaka Tawaramono Club

おおさかたわらものかいしょあと

Other languages :日本語

投稿日:

The Site of Osaka Tawaramono Club

This “club” was established in 1747 and was moved to the site of this stone monument in 1777. This storage warehouse originally dealt in high-class specialty goods that were used for export and trading payments. This “club” continued until the beginning the Meiji period (1868 to 1912) when it started to deal in “konbu” or dried seaweed, for which Osaka became famous.

Search route from current location
Address
2-2, Kitahama, Chuo-ku, Osaka
Transportation
●Subway: Sakaisuji Line: Kitahama Station (K14).
●Other: Keihan Line: Kitahama Station.
Was this Information helpful?
Yes Not really
0 of 0 people found this helpful.
同じエリアにこんなスポットがあります!
少彦名神社サムネイル
Sukunahikona Shrine

The legendary founder of Chinese medicine “Shinno” and the Japanese god of medicine &#82 …

青山ビル
Aoyama Building

This Spanish-style building was constructed in 1921 as the private residence of Genjiro Noda, the pr …

Ikoma Building

This stone-built building was completed in 1930 when art deco was in its heyday around the time of t …

大阪証券取引所ビル
Osaka Securities Exchange Building

The former Osaka Securities building, built in 1935, deteriorated and was replaced with a 24-storey …

The Site of Osaka Ginza

“Ginza” originally was where silver coins used to be minted and issued from in the Edo p …