The Site of Osaka Ginza

おおさかぎんざあと

Other languages :日本語

投稿日:2017/03/09 更新日:

The Site of Osaka Ginza

“Ginza” originally was where silver coins used to be minted and issued from in the Edo period(1603 to 1867). At the beginning of the 17th century, two mints were built, one each in Kyoto and Osaka. The Osaka Mint did not actually mint coins, but played an intermediary role in rerouting silver from silver mines to Kyoto. All mints of this kind were abolished in 1868.

Search route from current location
Address
2 Higashi Koraibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
Transportation
●Subway: Sakaisuji Line: Kitahama Station (K14).
●Other: Keihan Line: Kitahama Station.
Was this Information helpful?
Yes Not really
0 of 0 people found this helpful.
同じエリアにこんなスポットがあります!
Ikoma Building

This stone-built building was completed in 1930 when art deco was in its heyday around the time of t …

栴檀木橋
Sendannokibashi Bridge

This bridge was originally constructed at the beginning of the Edo period (1603 to 1867). When it wa …

The Site of Osaka Tawaramono Club

This “club” was established in 1747 and was moved to the site of this stone monument in …

青山ビル
Aoyama Building

This Spanish-style building was constructed in 1921 as the private residence of Genjiro Noda, the pr …

Osaka Securities Exchange Building

The former Osaka Securities building built in 1935 deteriorated and was replaced with this 24-storey …